About Stella Maris Hospice
- The hospice program at Stella Maris was one of the first established in Maryland.
- Hospice is a specialized program for terminally ill persons and their families. The program focuses on compassionate care for the patient’s comfort, alleviation of pain and other symptoms, and support for the family.
- Hospice care services provide comfort and peace of mind and enhance the quality of life each day for every patient and their family.
- Hospice care services include both inpatient and home care.
- Hospice Home Care is a program that allows terminal patients to remain in the comfort of their own home until death.
- Stella Maris' hospice program cares for individuals regardless of age, race, religion or income.
- Bereavement services are provided for a year to family members through the Counseling Center at Stella Maris. The Center offers bereavement support for children, teens and adults who have experienced the loss of someone important to them.
The Annual Stella Maris Crab Feast and Auction benefits Stella Maris Hospice patients and their families. In 2019, the Crab Feast and Auction raised more than $158,000.
To learn more about Stella Maris and Stella Maris Hospice, please visit: www.StellaMaris.org